Sunday, April 26, 2009

Does anyone have a pair of "jika-tabi"? Are they comfortable, where do I get them, and any problems with them?

I'm looking at buying a pair of jika-tabi, and I would like some information about them. Jika-tabi are the shoes that are split-toed like this: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/s...





I have some questions about them:





1) Where can I get them? I'm not looking forward to getting them off the internet, but someone suggested local Martial Arts stores. Would a local Martial Arts Store have them?





2) Does anyone have a pair of them? What are they like? Do they feel weird? Are they comfortable? I read somewhere that they keep you more alert because they help with blood circulation.





3) Can I wear them to school, like this: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/s... If I start wearing them to school, would that be cool? Can I excercise in them, like trail running or something? I want to get use out of them.





4) If I get them, what clothes would go with them? I don't want to stick out in a negative way.








Thanks.

Does anyone have a pair of "jika-tabi"? Are they comfortable, where do I get them, and any problems with them?
They are unlike any other shoes for sure. They take a little bit to get comfortable as you have to get used to the toe positioning. Once you get used to them though, they're not too bad.





It's fun to climb ropes in them as you can semi-grab with your feet.





You can exercise or do whatever you want in them. They really have no instep though, so it's almost like going barefoot. They hurt to run distances in.





You get get them anywhere.


Century Martial Arts; www.centuryfitness.com


Kwon; www.kwonusa.com


Asian World of Martial Arts; www.awma.com





Wear them like you would boots if you want. They are going to stand out though, just because of the toe - especially to women. You know how they love shoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment